Welcome. I am so glad that you are contemplating the use of psychotherapy to help you through a challenging time. Negative feelings or stressful situations can push us beyond our typical coping strategies into a place of feeling overwhelmed and wanting some guidance. I strive to create an open, non-judgmental environment in which you can feel secure and comfortable to find solutions. I have assisted clients in resolving issues regarding substance abuse and addiction, depression, anxiety, grief, parenting, anger management, and many others. Each client continues to impress me with their strength, insight, and courage to tackle any obstacle they bring to our office.
With a B.A. in Psychology from the University of Michigan and an M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy from Hope International University, I strive to help you uncover patterns of thought, feeling, and behavior that may contribute to a sense of decreased satisfaction, happiness or gratification in your life. As a Christian, I utilize all aspects of health – physical, mental, and spiritual – to help us increase your awareness, skill base, and resiliency in facing life’s inevitable challenges. With the appropriate tools and support, I believe that all people have the strength and courage to achieve a more fulfilling life. Together, we can face any difficulty you may encounter.
Here are some words of encouragement:
– “I failed my way to success.” – Thomas Edison
– “A man of knowledge uses words with restraint and a man of understanding is even-tempered.” Proverbs 17:27
– “For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds says the LORD.” Jeremiah 30:17a
– “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts; therefore guard accordingly!” Marcus Aurelius
– “There is only one person who could ever make you happy…and that is you.” – David BurnsShow Less
School: Hope International University
Year Graduated: 2011
License No. and State: LMFT 85358