Psychological testing is used to assist with diagnostic clarification and to guide with treatment. Underlying causes of behavior challenges, academic difficulties, interpersonal conflicts, or emotional symptoms that are not always clear. Psychological assessments help clarify the cause of a person’s difficulties, and may also help determine the best way to address these challenges.
What can your testing results tell you?
- Establish or clarify a diagnosis and assist in differential diagnosis. https://nextlevelfitness.com/diflucan-over-the-counter/
- Identify areas of academic or learning challenges
- Establish a baseline and compare to changes as a result of therapeutic interventions. https://nextlevelfitness.com/bactrim-over-the-counter/
- Generate recommendations for treatment planning.
What is the process for psychological assessment?
Psychological assessment begins with a formal clinical interview with the individual client. The interview includes questions regarding the client’s developmental history, recent life experiences, occupational/academic functioning, and family background. As indicated, reports from parents and teachers may be included. Classroom observations may also be utilized to assess behavioral functioning and other environmental variables in the academic setting. Specific assessments of cognitive development, socioemotional well-being, and/or academic achievement are further administered. Following the assessment, a formal feedback session is provided to discuss results of the testing and further recommendations.
What types of assessments are administered
The process of psychological assessment is tailored to the specific needs of the client. Typical tests that are administered may include the following:
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-V)
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS-IV)
- Woodcock-Johnson Psychoeducational Battery (Achievement)
- Test of Variable of Attention (TOVA)
- Behavioral Ratings/Checklists (self-reports, parent and teacher reports)
- Depression and Anxiety Inventories.
- Depending on the specific reason for referral, as well as the individual client’s needs, additional assessment measures may be administered.
What types of assessments are administered?
What Does the Psychological Assessment Process Involve?
How Is Psychological Assessment Used?