Propranolol 10 mg: Main Info
Propranolol 10 mg is a prescription medication that refers to the beta blockers class of drugs. Since it belongs to non-selective beta receptor blockers, it affects any area of your body the same way. How does Propranolol work? Aside from balancing the blood pressure, it regulates the heart rate, eliminates the heart workload, and releases active renin from the kidney. Due to the beneficial beta-blocking properties, this preparation allows for regulating heart rate, relieving chest pain, easing migraines, and eliminating tremors. Propranolol is often used to prevent heart failure and heart attacks.
Only a doctor can prescribe Propranolol. If your insurance doesn’t cover this medication, you can always address a certified online pharmacy to make an online purchase. Use the services of reputable drugstores only. If you buy Propranolol on our website, you are guaranteed to achieve an authentic and certified product. However, you will still need to have a prescription to get your order approved.
|Tablet Strength:||80 mg, 40 mg|
|Best Price:||$0.29 Per Pill|
|Payment:||Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, BTC|
Where to Buy Propranolol?
Propranolol 10 mg Advantages
Propranolol is a generic medication that has numerous advantages.
- Propranolol is available in multiple forms such as tablets, extended-release capsules, liquid, and injection.
- Adults, pediatric and geriatric patients can get treatment with this preparation.
- Aside from fixing heart problems caused by sympathetic hyperactivity, the medication is effective for treating physical symptoms of anxiety.
- The preparation doesn’t have habit-forming potential.
- Propranolol doesn’t cause severe withdrawal symptoms.
- The drug is widely used to prevent heart attacks or improve the chances of survival after a heart attack.
How to Take Propranolol 10 mg?
You should always ask a piece of medical advice if you have any concerns regarding the Propranolol treatment. You will need to regularly visit your doctor and do blood tests to monitor your heart, liver, kidney functions, and electrolyte levels. Besides, you can follow these recommendations to properly take Propranolol:
- Use only exact amounts of a medication for a period determined by your doctor.
- Take a tablet, capsule, or oral solution at the same time each day regardless of the food intake.
- If you use an extended-release capsule, don’t crush or divide it into pieces. Ingest a whole capsule with plenty of water.
- You will need to complete a course as prescribed by your doctor to derive the full beneficial effects of Propranolol.
- Use only a dosing syringe included in the kit to measure a dose.
- Avoid shaking a bottle with liquid solution.
- It is necessary to constantly check your blood pressure during the treatment.
- Don’t miss a dose or stop treatment suddenly since it may result in changes in your heart rate and blood. However, it is necessary to stop using Propranolol for a short period of time if you need urgent surgery or you plan an operation.
- If you take a short-release capsule and missed a dose, you may take it as soon as you remember, but not less than 4 hours before the next dose. Those who take extended-release tablets should take the missed dose not less than 8 hours before the next one. Don’t take another capsule to compensate for a skipped dose because it may cause side effects.
- In case you use the medication to treat high blood pressure, you should continue the treatment even if your symptoms have considerably improved.
Immediately go to the emergency room if you have any signs of an allergic reaction such as chest tightness, wheezing, hives, shortness of breath and a cough, swollen face, sore throat.
Call your doctor in case you have one or more adverse reactions:
- feeling woozy, lightheaded, or a little faint;
- shortness of breath;
- loss of balance and coordination, visual difficulties;
- feeling cold in hands and feet;
- confusion, delusions, depressed mood, and hallucinations;
- excessive anxiety;
- low blood sugar;
- liver problems;
The common side effects are the following:
- upset stomach, including cramps;
- low libido, vaginal dryness, or erectile dysfunction;
- poor sleep;
- excessive tireless.
The list of side effects of Propranolol entails. If your conditions get worse or you feel unwanted reactions, contact your medical provider as soon as possible.
The doctor determines the dose depending on the patient’s age, weight, disease, chronic illnesses, and individual response. For pediatric patients, the dose is identified based on the weight. The doctor should constantly check the weight gain of a child to adjust a dose if necessary. There might be special dosage considerations for people who have problems with liver and kidney. The lowest dose of the medication is 10 mg. Usually, it is used for treating atrial fibrillation in adults.
Propranolol 10 mg can interact with numerous drugs, herbal supplements, and vitamins. The clinical trials don’t report any hazardous cases of a drug interaction. However, you should keep cautious if you take or are going to take the following medications:
- preventing blood clots from forming – warfarin, Jantoven, Coumadin;
- blood pressure medications – amiodarone, propafenone, diltiazem, quinidine, verapamil, etc;
- selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors;
- other alpha blockers – doxazosin, terazosin, prazosin;
- NSAIDs – aspirin, naproxen, ibuprofen, celecoxib, indomethacin, diclofenac,meloxicam, etc.;
Although Propranolol is a well-tolerated medication, it has some contraindications for use:
- Don’t mix Propranolol with products containing ethanol. It can increase the medication levels in your blood which results in adverse reactions.
- The preparation is prohibited for people with cardiogenic shock since it may lower the number of times your heart beats.
- If the patient has a slower than normal heart rate, using Propranolol may be dangerous.
- The preparation may make the asthma conditions even worse, so your doctor should know if you suffer from asthma.
- If you suddenly stop the treatments with Propranolol, it can deteriorate your conditions.
- The preparation isn’t allowed for patients who have serious heart problems, including sick sinus syndrome or AV block.
- Propranolol is prohibited for use if the newborn weighs less than 4.5 pounds.
Who Propranolol 10 mg Is Intended For?
Propranolol 10 mg is intended for numerous medical conditions and diseases. Pheochromocytoma, essential tremor, hypertrophic subaortic stenosis, myocardial infarction, migraines, chest pain, this are just some cases this medication is indicated for.
Propranolol shows a good potential when it comes to hypertension treatment. However, it will hardly deliver the desired result if you will take it alone without keeping a diet, exercising, and controlling weight.
The Propranolol oral solution is usually given to newborns above 5 weeks old to treat proliferating infantile hemangioma – noncancerous growths of blood vessels. The medication is also helpful for improving the conditions referred to the thyroid and adrenal glands.
To have a safe experience with Propranolol, notify your doctor in case you have:
- muscular dystrophy;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- congestive heart failure;
- diabetes or imbalanced sugar levels in your blood;
- bradycardia and/or low blood pressure;
- Raynaud’s syndrome and other blood circulation issues;
- excessive anxiety or depression;
- thyroid disease;
- liver failure;
- kidney failure;
It is unknown whether Propranolol affects the fetus. So, you will need to weigh all risks and benefits of the medication before starting the treatment.
Propranolol 10 mg Over The Counter
Tags: doctor may increase, heart rate, heart attack, propranolol dosage, buy propranolol, migraine headaches, beta blocker, weight gain, divided doses, blood vessels, anxiety disorders, medical advice, propranolol oral, consult your doctor, prescribe propranolol, chest pain, doctor or pharmacist, blood sugar, oral capsule, meals and at bedtime